This is a picture of our awesome family dog "Buddy". He is about 6 yrs old and is mostly poodle, but we think he might have some Terrier or some other breed in him. All we know is that he is a great dog. He is one of the children. I guess this makes it 9 children. LOL ;)
The past few weeks he has been acting so strange. He follows me everywhere I go. When I leave the house to run errands he wants to ride with us. He has been very protective. I remember he did this with my previous pregnancies when I was close to delivery. I remember my midwife saying that animals can "sense" those hormones pregnant women radiate when nearing birth.
Here are some of the things he does:
- Follows me everywhere
- Paces the hallway at night
- Barks when he hears noises (he normally is quiet).
- Sits there and stares at me
- Goes under my bed and starts doing some pretend digging and then comes out looks at me and goes under the bassinet. Then he repeats the whole process over again--back under the bed, etc...
- When I'm in the laundry room, he follows me in there and sniffs around and makes sure everything is ok.
- He wants out throughout the day just to walk down the sidewalk and bark at "who knows", and then comes right back in. I guess he is checking out the territory.
- He hasn't had much sleep lately during the day because he is always standing and taking guard. He is doing that right now as I type this. He is pacing around the computer and staring right at me. So funny!!
It really is hilarious. Today, I officially gave him the name of "Secret Service Agent" and since I am the first lady of my home, he has become my personal secret service agent.
I don't know if some of you pregnant moms have experienced this before. So chime in and share.